Shob-A-Barat is a very impotent religious day for Bengali Muslim people. They cook different kind of Halwa in this day. The Bengali traditional dessert ‘Badam Halwa’ is one of them. There given below the recipe of Badam Halwa.
Note: It’s not suitable for diabetic patient.
Ingredients for Badam(Groundnut) Halwa:
2 cups chinabadam (Groundnut)
I cup Milk powder
Water - 1cup
Sugar - 1cup
2 table spoons ghee (Butter)
½ tea spoon Powdered cardamom
2 table spoons kissmiss (raisin)
½ cup Kajubadam (cashew nuts)
Method of Preparation (How to Cook):
01. Remove the coating of the groundnut and grind it coarsely.
02. Now boil the water and mix finely the milk powder in water.
03. Mix grinded groundnut, sugar and ghee (butter).
04. Keep it on fire and stir it constantly.
05. After it becomes thick, mix Powdered Cardamom.
06. When it’s ready, remove from heat and transfer in plan dish.
07. Now allow sometime to cool and cut the halwa into your desired shapes.
08. And decorate it with sliced kajubadam (cashew nuts) and kissmiss (raisin).
More Bengali Desserts Recipe on Cook BD